Thursday, June 24, 2010

Birthday Party


The first day of summer might seem an odd day to have a January birthday, but that is the case. Perhaps stranger still is that we took a canoe trip. I bought a Chinese hat @ the Tractor Supply store. Now both of us have new lids. Her's reflected the garden, mine reflected a combination Australian-Chinese style that caught my fancy.

After breakfast in West Branch, we return and I commence to hook up the trailer . The ball on the hitch is rusty. The prerequisite swear words are ineffective to work their usual magic. With the sun beating down and my Chinese hat falling in my face, the hammer seems heavier than usual. I stop using it and just gerrymander the rigging.

When I Get back to launch the canoe, I discover that it has a hornet's nest attached to the bottom of the canoe. We insulate that little bugger, move on to launch.

The river is high, unusually high. We flip the canoe, half way toward Steckert Bridge. The trip was unexpected fun. Since it rained the next day, I am certainly glad that I didn't procrastinate on this trip.

2 comments:

ColleenQ said...

Summer 2010: Tony's inner party child busts out.

Sounds like a grande old time (?). Perhaps next year, you could drive through heavy traffic and hit the wave pool in Waterford. Ha...

[Was EVERYONE born in June? Uncle Brian, Kelly, Tiffany, Pat, Kathleen, Uncle Paul? What're we to do with all these Gemini's?]

Anonymous said...

Tony,
that was a good funny story, glad to be on the river with you. we took our small boat out yesterday, great fun. It has a motor! love It..EQ