Saturday, June 18, 2011

Senior Moments


This week, for the first time, I was in close proximity to a senior "Coffee Clutch". I expected to hear tales of times lost, and missed opportunity. Instead, the group leader spoke of the wisdom of legalizing marijuana and taxing it.
Personally, I can't stand smoke in my lungs. I prefer beer straight to the stomach, feeling bad the next day, and then perhaps, extra sleep for a cushion.
The salient statistic that has registered with me in the last two years is over six thousand Mexicans have died in drug wars. More collateral damage than our organized military campaigns. Fair is fair, choose your poison, if you're so willing, and pay the price. I have paid my fair share of the "alcohol tax", it's time to share all tax burdens of abuse.


1 comment:

Erin Q. Hartman said...

tony,
I am with you all of the way..but hate to pay the tax for drinking and listing to music..." I am not try to hurt anyone." remember that?