Thursday, March 08, 2012

...Til You Get Your Picture Took


When I first read Keith Richard's autobiography Life, I didn't pay too much attention to the photo on the cover. I was really curious about his insight into rock and roll. In my family and friends has been lodged this cultural contest for years. Were the Beatles or the Rolling Stones the best band in rock?
Having read the book, I now have my own answer at least. Paul McCartney visited Keith and explained it this way. The Beatles were more of a vocalist group and the Stones
were more of a musician group. This rings true to my hearing. The book started out a little slow, but it moved into a great story. Now that I have finished the book, I keep thinking about the picture on the cover.


3 comments:

TiffanyBerry said...

This is one wild picture!

Anonymous said...

Just saw a documentary called "Living in the Material World" put together by Martin Scocese about George Harrison. Really fantastic,what an interesting person and I forgot what great songs he had...All things must pass,Here comes the sun, ect. His wife said when he died the room "lit up".Dee

LQ said...

I've been meaning to read this. Glad you enjoyed.