Thursday, June 28, 2012

Owl Connection

Walking the wilderness trail yesterday, I little knew what treat lay in store. An owl moved along in the trees just ahead of me. It seemed we were connected and that was good.
Looking out the clean river window for the last couple of weeks, I have seen so many pretty yellow and red birds that I wonder why I haven't paid more attention to them in the past. Raising consciousness is additive magic.
Heretofore, the birds that I noticed were on the road in the right hand lane and barely escaped with their fame. Have birds been getting slower over time? The counterpoint to this argument is the eagle that swooped in front of my truck for some road kill. Nothing was slowing this boy down!



1 comment:

Staff Selects said...

Watched a PBs special on light pollution,one part dealt with how it affects birds.(badly) Humans are the one of the most destructive forces on the planet. sigh