Saturday, July 14, 2012

No Phone-No Service

Motored to Gaylord today in search of a receiver, and was rewarded with a bargain. When cashing out, the clerk asked my phone number to initiate closure. This left me at a loss. "I don't know my phone number, and hate cell phones anyway". I ad libbed the non sequitur just to muddy the water and make a standard protest. "Well, we have to have the number to complete the sales transaction." I missed the rationale of the whole policy and blithely walked away from a stoned silence, "I guess we don't have a deal then."




2 comments:

ColleenQ said...

The best way to handle this is to give them someone else's number. Any idea how funny it is to think about how often the local blood bank calls Patrick to donate?

[And is that why you're always canceling your phone plan? So no one can track you? They're probably planning on selling your number to telemarketers, and you LIKE telemarketers...]

Kelly said...

She or he had no idea who they were dealing with. :)

Good for you. Stand tall.