Thursday, September 15, 2011

Phone Booth


Adjusting to the cell phone society has taken me a long time. Generally, I have one about six months and then discontinue the service. Now that I have an iPhone the game has changed. I'm going to take this communication device as a serious candidate to build an organization tool for the cluttered life that I live.
So... what do about my past conditioning that links me to a land line? The idea that when I return home, I need to check and see if someone has left a message. Last weekend, I came up with an expansive concept: Put the cell phone in a phone booth to make it more real as a communication station. The good old days were never this good with cramped phone booths that were standing room only

6 comments:

ColleenQ said...

I find leaving my phone at work accomplishes the same thing - with the added bonus of it being dead by the next day.

(and I pictured your new screen doors as more substantial, haha)

Barb said...

What are you talking about. You are further up on new tech phones than I am. I not only have a land line but my phone is still a little flip phone. Remember it has only been 2 years since you taught me to text.

Barb said...

Well you inspired me as you know. I got a Droid X2 phone and an English phone booth.

TQ said...

Colleen: Good plan, if only I had a job location to leave a phone, then that would work for me too.

Barb: It's all about space, the final frontier.

Anonymous said...

I have the low tech phone I can never remember where it is. I just found it after being lost for a month,in a bag in my kayak. I still love the acerbic quote by Dorothy Parker who supposedly said when the phone rang "what fresh hell is this?" I let my message machine pick up every call on my land line...my friends get very irritated. D

TQ said...

Dee: To me, that is the ultimate purpose of the cell phone, a portable answer machine. A bit expensive perhaps.