Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Close Call

I found myself in a dilemma. My smart phone was becoming an obsession. I was beginning to take it with me when I left the house. So I called Verizon with the intent of canceling. The lady suggested   suspending the service for ninety days. Well, texting had been a joy, but something had to be done about the problem. 
Then I had an idea. Why don't I just get a dumb phone to text? This move would save the $220 penalty for dropping out of the contract early. Alas and alack, the equipment was so shoddy that I couldn't force myself make the switch. 
During my suspended animation, I discovered an iPhone could text another iPhone without using a carrier. Wow! Pretty cool, a potential tool for the future, but I was still suspended with the debt hanging by a thread over my head.  
After talking to all these phone folks, I choose the conservative course and decided to just run out the clock and save the 220 large.



2 comments:

TiffanyBerry said...

Where are you cooking these eggs? And what kind of operation are you running over there? Fax machines and sky cameras?

Tony said...

Mike is cooking those eggs. Train whistles, and instamatics.