Monday, July 26, 2010

Odds and Eggs


Scurrying around searching in three cookbooks, I am attempting to find the recipe to boil eggs. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard of a task, but I've used three cookbooks before and one of the recipes turned out well. I would love to find that one again! Paul, working on the red checkered dining room table, is intently slamming thousands of tunes into his new laptop. In frustration with the endless search, I interrupt Paul. "Paul, how do you boil eggs?" He takes the question in stride, turns half way around, with an over the shoulder answer, "Boil 'em 'til one cracks."
This is the missing piece of information! Google in the next room. If I had only thought to ask earlier, quicker results could have been mine. Thirty minutes later, my fine brown eggs are looking good but still not cracking. Confident, I invoke the statute of limitations, and turn off the burner. Best boiled eggs I ever had, and they lasted for days.

3 comments:

ColleenQ said...

I happen to have learned this in 2010: put the eggs in the pan, covered with water. Put the heat on high and set the timer for 20 minutes. (Green-tinged eggs means they're old, I think).

Our future chicken house depends on our learning this...

LQ said...

Ha! That is really perfect advice. "Google" knows what he's talking about.

TiffanyBerry said...

Google in the next room= Uncle Paul. Brilliant.