Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The journey...


continues. Checked out an old road warrior today. When I asked Joe, the owner of this land shark, the year of the rig, he responded, "Quality doesn't age". This comment came after he let me know what he thought of the current generation. Joe's opening remark, " I'm 80 and have never been caught in a lie, yet" led us to further discussions. I couldn't let him know, it was love at first sight! Pressed, I employed the 25 hour rule to give myself time to think and rethink, and perhaps sleep on it.

6 comments:

TiffanyBerry said...

Re-Enter: Landshark? I think you're trying to confuse yourself with too many options. Therefore you'll be too overwhelmed to make an actual decision. Go with your gut. The "Bounder" was love at first sight. The "Landshark" you only liked based on its name. You decide.

TiffanyBerry said...

"This Landshark"- okay, Landshark is what we're now referring to Motorhomes as, good idea! Okay, I'm with your man Joe! Quality does not age, it just becomes finer with time!

Anonymous said...

I would go with Land Shark- plenty of room.

Tony said...

Tiffany: I nicknamed the second one Land Shark because of the shape of the front end. It has a Dodge name. You're making a lot of sense.

Anon: Thanks for the comments. That is true, and the Land Shark is also very solidly built.

Anonymous said...

Remember Old Blue? As I recall,you were the "driving" force behind that purchase also! Dee

Tony said...

Dee: Fond memory! The only time that it had a hitch in its operation is when I said out loud that I was thinking of changing its name.