Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolution


My resolution for 2011 is to wear my wrist watch all day. I can then know Time immediately, even if only a whim. I've been doing this all morning and I kind of like it already. If it works out well the rest of the day, then I'm going to make it my New Year resolution for tomorrow.
I bought a book of poems yesterday that should arrive next week in the mail. The title of the book drew me in, "Still Life" by Alexander Long. Still life happens to be something I have given a lot of thought to in the past. Anyway, one teaser line for you
"If only childhood would tell the wind where to go,
If only it had a home."

1 comment:

ColleenQ said...

Are you wearing that watch with no face again? That's always been my favorite, and you could just pretend to be time conscious now that you're retired.

Resolution #9: listen to more Beatles.