Friday, August 10, 2012

Cloud Slide


Ever a tracker of Mac, I installed Mountain Lion last week. Of the 200 new features, the innovation that I wanted most to implement was iCloud. Going to iTunes, the cloud gave me the ability to download again the twenty four hundred songs that I had bought over the last ten years. Many of these songs I had already misplaced. The process took about six hours but worked like a charm, as the Beatles would say, "Baby, You're a Rich Man." 
Then I stepped forward for a new coup. "What if I coordinated calendars on the IPhone, iPad, Mac Air, and the Mac Pro?" Sure enough, another glowing success ensued.
Now, I had the same two events for August listed in five locations. Of course, the need isn't that great for such a capacity, but it was the "Achieve of, the mastery of the thing" that carried me over the top.
A couple of hours later, I open the calendar with great anticipation. My two events are gone, along with most of my contacts! When I tried to recover this information, I cleverly erased the 750 songs that I had placed on my phone for traveling. Clearly, there are a lot of things about clouds that I still need to learn.







No comments: