Thursday, August 02, 2012

Detente



Day two was unlike day one. Wagner Park in Huron County was absolutely beautiful! I have never seen any park, any where, that would ever compare. 
When morning broke, the cooking fan did too. A ladder on loan and some duck tape later, we were ready to hit the road with some misgivings and an inept repair.
Hoping to camp closer to home, we were able to find a site on Troll Rd which was aptly named. Passing up this opportunity, we moved to South State Park on Higgins Lake. Motown under canvas, no rest for the wicked here. I bolted and camped at home for day two. 

4 comments:

Erin Q. Hartman said...

I love you so, what kind of damn travel is this, you need to come to Empire... where the water is great and the beer is even better...

Tony said...

Erin: All of that is true. I love camping in Empire!

Judy said...

Nice photo, Tony. Am I right -- Harbor Beach Pier?

Tony said...

Judy: Aye, you hit the nail on the head.