Monday, September 03, 2012

Face Off


My first entries into FaceBook didn't fare well. I got snared in a comment I made on a post of a political fringe movement. The responses lacked the saving grace of a dialogue. A friend of my friend jumped on my remark until rational thought dried up. Consequently, I bailed since monologue is rarely entertaining and often leads to acrimony. Toleration, not confrontation should be the prevailing wind here.

"Although we are all the same in not wanting problems and wanting a peaceful life, we tend to create a lot of problems for ourselves. Encountering those problems, anger develops and overwhelms our mind, which leads to violence. A good way to counter this and to work for a more peaceful world is to develop concern for others. Then our anger, jealousy and other destructive emotions will naturally weaken and diminish."       
Dalai Lama








3 comments:

Judy said...

Facebook? A grand idea. I am going to skedaddle and put in a friend request. Don't leave yet. Would love to read your wordsmithyness (I'd think about changing the y to i if this were an actual word) about things political and mundane (an oxymoron to some). If you friend me on FB, you will also see you are a member of a secret group called Crying In The Wilderness where some of us go to share our political and spiritual frustrations. I started it to wax poetic about my life but having failed that, it is a decent way to share views with friends. If I can find them, I will also post some Carsonville pictures for you. Did you ever live there? Your clan is so huge and the moves were so many, I have no idea who lived where.

Tony said...

Judy: I would love to friend you, as the expression goes. FB is all new to me, but Crying in the Wilderness sounds like a good climate for me. See you there!

ColleenQ said...

As they say on FB: thumbs up! New and old friends...it's a great concept.

(this will be my 5th attempt at matching characters to prove I'm not a robot. Pretty stiff censor)