Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Grind Stone City

     Frank McCourt said you can't write when your angry. Well, I guess you could, but it wouldn't be very good. During the waning years of the second millennium, politics in this little town were comparable to Ford Vs Chevy in friendly rivalry. One party ran the country for a while, and then the other became more popular and took over the job.
     The third millennium signaled a major change. The first new President started two wars and bankrupted the country. Proof that one man can make a difference. I was so angry I couldn't even talk politics. Heretofore a former joy turned to dust. 
      Things changed again when a new President salvaged the financial structure, the American auto industry and a host of other concerns. But something else also changed this time. All I ever heard in my little town was our President being bashed. How could they forget so soon? The political world looked bleak. Four years of hopes constantly being eroded. As it took its toll Dylan would sing, "Desolation Row".
     My ace in the hole was a memory of the most positive person I have ever known. Nature hates a vacuum, get busy and make it happen. Win or lose, you will feel a whole lot better.





     
      

      

No comments: