Friday, December 17, 2010

Force be with You


On my last trip across the cold, wind swept Walmart parking lot, I encountered a bumper sticker that matched the weather. The tail gate of the pickup truck was lowered and on the back of the bed was a sticker that read, "Have a shitty day". Like a jolt from the biting cold, this proactive slap at humanity told me I wasn't as alone as I had assumed. Some free floating ill will must be embodied and walking around in the store. The type of person who writes viruses for computers in their spare time.
Being a bit of a recluse, I can understand not wanting to talk to everybody every day, but to generate negativity when you aren't physically present gives a whole new meaning to the term a negative person.

7 comments:

TiffanyBerry said...

My old bedroom! And I will have a wonderful day- thanks to those blue birds on me shoulders!

ColleenQ said...

PHEW, so glad you managed to get that 901 into the photo!

Anonymous said...

Tony there are no words for the shit you think of! I love it all.. because you make me think so differently..

Anonymous said...

Incredible concept.."spread ill will" through the world! Takes a "thinkin man" to appreciate how crazy it all can really be! Then again, are you sure it isn't just the fact you were at Walmarts??

PQ said...

Your place looks good from that angle. Your trips to Walmart are usually very early in the morning, was this a 6am run? I am delighted that you have taken on a personal mission to counter this random stranger's ill will. The retro 45 record player and zip a dee doo dah was just what the universe needed in the continuing battle of love and fear. Well done little jedi.

TQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TQ said...

TQ: Does look good from that angle.

CQ: I couldn't squeeze two in no matter how I tried.

Anon: Thanks for the compliment. The mainstream isn't all its cracked up to be.

DHK: Walmart's might be a collection point. it is strange how some folks spend their mental energy.

PQ: This wasn't a dawn run, but actually mid morning. Glad you enjoyed the retro touch. Love does cast out fear.