Thursday, March 17, 2011

Remote Location

Growing up on a farm in Michigan's Thumb region felt far away from everywhere. St. Patrick's day was always special and ranked right under Christmas in importance, although it was almost a secret holiday since in wasn't advertised. Hope and Bill had already laid a firm foundation of "Pride of progeny" way before our first day at school. The whole family was proud to be connected to Ireland, this little island across the sea that we had never seen.
For years in the UN, many votes would have only two countries aligned together, China and Albania. You might ask yourself, as I often did, what could the little country of Albania have in common with the huge country of China? Well, political philosophy for sure, but I think there is more. Perhaps an appreciation for the isolation of remote locations.

5 comments:

LQ said...

Love Mary Black and this song!

Erin Q. Hartman said...

Wow,
beautiful Tony.. I want more!

TQ said...

LQ: glad you like it, she has a lot of great music!

EH: we will be continuing to gather more of her material.

Anonymous said...

love this song by the Black family. I can hardly wait to visit Ireland in 2012. I will be retired then.

Barb

Tony said...

Barb: I have loved this song so long that I named my new iPhone Colcannon.