Monday, August 08, 2011

Operating Systems



"Burn the ships," I exclaimed, echoing the Norman invaders of England, when I disconnected my internet last month. How was I to know entropy had me by the throat in my audio, video, internet hobby?

My disk drives were breaking down, and to replace them would be very expensive. This along with the knowledge that these would be new components integrated into an ancient system.

The sum of the parts added up to more than the whole. Economy of measure was leading me to a door that I did not want to open. The only handle on this situation was changing my bias of long standing, taking a sling shot ride on the learning curve, and keeping my mind open.

As a thirty year Mac enthusiast, I write this next line as though it were a whisper. To burn light scribe cd labels and collect music videos, I have added system seven to the tool kit. Foolish and effective are two additional feelings for this new method of operation.


3 comments:

ColleenQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ColleenQ said...

I'm questioning your math...30 YEARS?!

TQ said...

Colleen: Well, perhaps longer