Monday, August 22, 2011

Woodward Avenue


Last week, I boiled a big pot of potatoes and bought a Glen's whole cooked chicken. In a smug little way, I believed I was on the top of the food pyramid for the whole next week, nutrition wise. After a week, I advanced a similar notion that doing dishes was wise. So I commenced to clean out the refrigerator, but the stash in the icebox had crashed, and with it my complacency. The dish of potatoes was half full of water and the bowl of chicken contained only skin. Another food mystery had developed in my life. No time to resolve these questions as there is food at Ted's and the opportunity to drive on Woodward Avenue.






3 comments:

Erin Q. Hartman said...

Great Tony..
remember? I use to work at Teds... great 5 by 5 burgers... that was the best seller..

Anonymous said...

That green car- a Pontiac GTO? Getting roasted chick at Glenn's is one of my favorite things to do. There is peace in the North.

TQ said...

Anon: I think it might be a '70 Dodge Challenger. I agree there is peace in the North! Quiet unemployment.

Erin: Sure do. That by itself was worth the drive.