Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Local


Yesterday, I slid into the neighboring town to pick up some breakfast. Some years back, a good friend of mine clued me in on the ordering scheme. "The best meal isn't even on the menu. Get local #2."
Apparently, if you know the code, you can get more than enough to eat for four dollars.
I have always wondered if this could be considered a case of insider trading. In other words, do tourists get the same deal, if they don't know the code?
Today, with a hand full of quarters, and a cleansing agent, I'm up at the laundry mat getting three weeks of laundry cleaned. Since I live here, I wonder if I could consider myself local #1? I have all the machines to myself!



2 comments:

ColleenQ said...

Work boots AND a broom? I think local yahoo #1 found a prop store in town...

Tony said...

Colleen: I can see why you might think that, but the scene laid itself out. I was sweeping around the hearth and working on ice on the roof on the same day. So, as us yahoos say in the business, a still life.