Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Twenty Twelve


On New Years Eve, the waitress came back all excited, "Your total bill is $20.12. I thought you would want to know." Two quick decisions on my part before I get too excited. Is it an omen, and is it a good one? As a late teen, in more ways than one, I took up studying stoics. Their philosophy seemed a perfect balance for a manic depressant like myself. They believed that an event wasn't good or bad but rather your interpretation of it determined its nature. Pragmatism had me in its grip as I made my snap decision. Yes it was an omen and a good one!

2 comments:

ColleenQ said...

I think you should've put the money for the meal in one hand, nothing in the other, then asked the waitress if she felt like gambling. (I've decided this is the root cause of my propensity to gamble/play blackjack).

Tony said...

I think she would have gone into a spin. She was pretty excited already!