Saturday, November 06, 2010

BSG

I spend extended periods of time away from television and news. I like to think of it as a mild form of sensory deprivation to sanitize my thinking. It works pretty well for me, except that of course, I also miss really important events. Sometimes, I don't learn about these events for a long time. Creating my own social, temporal, and spatial anomalies, if you will. Tiannanmen Square was such an event.
The following video is totally incredible! A toast to the heart of the human spirit. Nobody knows who this man is, but you can be sure he didn't write a book about his appearance on global news, and how it changed his life.


7 comments:

ColleenQ said...

So taping McNeil Lehrer every night counts as sensory deprivation? I'll buy that. Awesome footage!

TQ said...

I wish I understood Chinese. It must have been the equivalent of a man landing on the moon.

TiffanyBerry said...

maybe this no cable/internet (besides using your fourth daughter's Kristi's internet) will help with all this skull chatter. Or maybe create more???

Anonymous said...

I too choose to leave the network's version of "history" behind...some things seep through my consciousness though...I am often amazed at what I have seemed to missed--yet functioned none the less.

TQ said...

Denise, i think you are right. Sometimes we function better. I saw a uTube video in which the newscaster on Fox called the tankman a "lone gunman". Unbelievable

ColleenQ said...

I seem to have missed a lifetime of politics. Oh, yeah, I don't really care. :)

TQ said...

Colleen: If you mean the shrill voices, charges and counter charges, lies, half truths, etc. that pass for politics, I can understand your thinking. The fact that Alabama taxes food, and Michigan doesn't is a political question. Do politics effect your life? Daily. I believe it was Tip O'Neill who said all politics are local, and that s what it breaks down to be.