Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Pied Piper



For about a month now, I have been on the trail of log trucks. Many are rolling through town, and I have seen some on the open road. The problem has been that I never have my iPod so I can't take video of them. I don't know why they are so attractive to me, but the lure is strong. In fact, for years now, when I would see one early in the morning on my way to work there was always a temptation to miss work and follow the truck. The one pattern that I did notice during this time was that if I were playing classic country and western, the impulse was especially hard to resist.
Yesterday, I really came close to the target. Two were heading out of town and I caught up with them in I-75. I quickly passed them, and headed up to the next overpass, thinking that I could get some pictures from the overpass. I luck would have it, they both pulled off on the same exit and headed the other way. Couldn't believe my luck, what are the odds of that, eh? Anyhow,
I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Erin Q. Hartman said...

Your one interesting cat Tony.. we are lucky to have you having time to just try shit out.. Trucks hauling logs, sounds like you have been hanging out with Brian.. sure you didn't have a invisible friend riding shot gun?

TiffanyBerry said...

I missing the internet for four days... you're a busy man. But I have a' lil something brewing in my brain, to write.

TiffanyBerry said...

That's funny that they intrigue you, I avoid them at all cost (for fear of one rolling through my windshield) but that could just be road anxiety...

TQ said...

Trust your instincts.