Monday, January 24, 2011

Dilemma


Cabin fever last weekend found me in St. Helen, avoiding Tip Up Town, and looking for food fast. Not the normal fare, but hunger is immediate. So what do I chance upon, something I haven't eaten for years, pot pies. It was really good, and on sale. I took the plunge. I don't have total recall, so I only ordered one, mistake of the first magnitude! It was so good that I cursed my judgement the rest of the day for forgetting my reflexive response.
In 1970, the year that I quit Pontiac Motors, my daughter Colleen and I ate three of them every day for lunch a year straight. Since she was only three, and hadn't mastered nutrition facts, not a single whisper of complaint was uttered. In all fairness, she never complained about anything anyway.
I fired up two of them today, but after having learned to read nutrition facts myself, am a little nervous about eating them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your next project would be to learn to make pot pies. Think of the freedom,think of the gratification,if not instant at least not a car ride!

TQ said...

I am thinking along those same lines. When I put it all together, it is going to be huge. Not like a miniature, store bought one, but massive like a cherry pie.

Anonymous said...

But can you make your own crust??????I am sure Paula would help you. I would just go to the store and buy 2 already made crusts like we discussed over a few beers.

Barb