Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Falling into Childhood

A couple of years back, I bought an old bed frame off the street. The price was really descent, about $10, but it lacked one of the slats needed to hold up the mattress. About November of last year, it started falling down on the floor. After two months of successful procrastination, I fixed the problem by adding another slat. No one ever accused me of being a quick study.
I had some experience to draw on, as the same thing use to happen on the farm as a child. Then, Butch, Brian, and I all slept together in a double bed with the mattress hollowed out in the middle. If the covers were pulled too much to one side, the kid in the middle (me) received a rap on the head for his efforts. When the mattress did fall, which was quite frequently, the three us would work as a "team" to put it back together again. Often times, the effort expended on Brian and I to achieve success by the leader was more painful than failure. Live and learn.

2 comments:

ColleenQ said...

I'm horrified by the thought of 3 in a bed...thank you for the fact that I'm an only child! (TQ does hate when I say this....).

TQ said...

Colleen, it actually seemed quite normal.