Saturday, January 22, 2011

Town That Tips


This is the first weekend of two for the Tip Up Town Festival. I guess the original concept was ice fishing, but I really don't know about now. Snow mobiles rule, and I would be suspicious as to how much fishing is actually done. My annual goal is to mark these dates on my calendar so that I don't forget and chance on the festivities by accident.
On our snow day this week, I took a picture of Houghton Lake before the celebration. It gave me the sense of Edgar Allen Poe's story, "Into the White".

4 comments:

TiffanyBerry said...

Dad- Did Shell Silverstien write this song? I have always loved this song for some reason, even tough it strikes me as a sad song. And I think you're becoming a pro at these photography sessions. Pretty soon we'll be seeing your work in The National Geography.

TQ said...

TT: I believe Shel Silverstein did write this song. He wrote an amazing number of great songs along with every thing else he did.

Anonymous said...

TUT sucks. Living 3 houses from the beer tent. I see a lot of weird things. Crowded streets and lots of people. I can't leave my property unguarded. Beer tent always very crowded.

Barb

TQ said...

Barb: You have put your finger on the one constant of an ever changing world.